- Evangelist and former USA Today columnist
- Pro to the question "Should Churches (Including Mosques, Synagogues, etc.) Remain Tax-Exempt?"
“When there was discussion about bringing churches under the new Social Security system in the days of President Franklin Roosevelt, he quickly replied, ‘But that would be taxing God!’ And so it would…
Churches should not pay taxes because the government does not have the authority to demand it!
Does not the Constitution clearly prohibit the government from making any law restricting religion? Does not the ability to tax actually mean the ability to control – or destroy? I thought most of us believed in the separation of church and state (but not separation of God and state), but if so, how can any government entity presume to tax the church? After all, a ‘higher’ always taxes a ‘lower,’ and will any Bible believer maintain that government is over the Church of the Living God? I thought Christ was preeminent over all.”
“Should Churches Pay Taxes?,” CSTNews.com, 1997
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals with JDs, PhDs, or equivalent advanced degrees in fields relevant to churches and taxes. Also top-level government officials (such as foreign leaders, US presidents, Founding Fathers, Supreme Court Justices, members of legislative bodies, cabinet members, military leaders, etc.) with positions relevant to the churches and taxes issue.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- Founder, Cornerstone Communications USA (Common Sense for Today) and its website CSTNews.com
- Founder, MuslimFact.com
- USA Today columnist, 1985-1993
- Has written articles for the Chattanooga Free-Press, USA Today Magazine, Sword of the Lord, and Baptist Tribune
- Has been interviewed by the Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Indianapolis News, Indianapolis Star, Sacramento Bee, and London Daily Mail
- Has appeared on the television programs Crossfire, Sally Jessy Raphael, Jerry Springer Show, Morton Downey, Jr. Show, NBC Nightly News, CBS Morning News, and radio programs the Jack Anderson Show and Pat Buchanan Show
- Former Indiana State House Representative
- Former Christian School Administrator
- PhD, Heritage Baptist University
- Attended Immanuel College
- Attended Tennessee Temple College
- Attended Moody Bible Institute
- Contact Info:
- None found
- None found
- Lives in Ringgold, GA with second wife Ellen (first wife deceased)
- Has four children from his first marriage
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Churches (Including Mosques, Synagogues, etc.) Remain Tax-Exempt?