- 45th President of United States
- Pro to the question "Should Churches (Including Mosques, Synagogues, etc.) Remain Tax-Exempt?"
“I would like to thank the evangelical community because, I will tell you what, the support they have given me — and I’m not sure I totally deserve it — has been so amazing. And has been such a big reason I’m here tonight. They have much to contribute to our policies.
Yet our laws prevent you from speaking your mind from your own pulpits. An amendment, pushed by Lyndon Johnson, many years ago, threatens religious institutions with a loss of their tax-exempt status if they openly advocate their political views. Their voice has been taken away. I will work hard to repeal that language and to protect free speech for all Americans.”
CNN, “Donald Trump’s Entire Republican Convention Speech,” youtube.com, July 21, 2016
- Theoretical Expertise Ranking:
Individuals and organizations that do not fit into the other star categories.
- Involvement and Affiliations:
- 45th President of the United States, Jan. 20, 2017-present
- 2016 Republican presidential nominee
- CEO, The Trump Organization (formerly Elizabeth Trump and Son), 1968-present
- Co-Producer and Host, The Celebrity Apprentice, 2008-2015
- Executive Producer and Host, The Apprentice, 2003-2015
- Former co-owner, Miss USA
- Former co-owner, Miss Teen USA
- Former co-owner, Miss Universe
- BS, Economics, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1968
- Twitter handle: @realdonaldtrump
- Was born on June 14, 1946 in Queens, NY
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Liberty University, 2012
- Recipient, Honorary Doctor of Business Administration, Robert Gordon University, 2010
- His sister, Maryanne Trump Barry, is a Senior US Circuit Judge of the US Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, appointed by Bill Clinton (previously appointed to the US District Court for the District of New Jersey by Ronald Reagan).
- His mother, Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, immigrated from Scotland
- In 2015, Forbes estimated Trump’s net worth at $4 billion
- Four of Trump’s businesses have declared Chapter 11 bankruptcy: Trump’s Taj Mahal (1991), Trump Plaza Hotel (1992), Trump Hotels and Casino Resorts (2004), and Trump Entertainment Resorts (2009)
- Quoted in:
- Pro & Con Quotes: Should Churches (Including Mosques, Synagogues, etc.) Remain Tax-Exempt?